Universal Balance Bags allow users of all backpack brands to experience a naturally balanced load without having to purchase an Aarn Pack. They work on the same principles as our Balance Pockets, offering increased energy efficiency, strain relief and convenient access.
* Energy savings from a balanced load makes up for extra weight of bags when total load carried (pack and bags) is greater than 7kg.
* Fits any brand of kiddy carrier or backpack (that has a hipbelt & sternum straps)
* See-your-feet forward visibility for wilderness walking
* Suspended mesh back for excellent ventilation
* Twin pockets, 4 mesh exterior pockets & bottle neck holder
* Zip flaps flip up for easy access, down for rain
* 2 waterproof Dri-liners
* Universal attachment system
* Top handle and clip-on shoulder strap for use as a travel bag
* Reflective triangles for night safety
* 500D Kodura, 210D, 40D & ripstop nylon
The Universal Balance Bags were tested with Macpac Vamoose child carriers and with a medium size hiking backpack. All four of us were instantly convinced of the benefits of the UBB's. Even the two people who had not been previously exposed to the balance concept totally "got it", feeling the difference right away. Everyone said they clearly see the difference they will make to carrying capacity with a child carrier and the reduced strain on the body due to the superior ergonomics. Hiking parents probably have a higher need for and awareness of ergonomic improvements than hikers without children. I would decidedly NOT have enjoyed the quarry hike with 40kg's without the UBB's. It was hard walking due to the weight, but in an ergonomically correct position it was healthy and something I will repeat. Big difference in back and shoulder strain. Matthias Thies, Christchurch, NZ